FEDERAL EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY (FEMA) Nationwide Infrastructure Support Technical assistance (NISTAC)Electrical Facilities Condition Assessment Rockaway, NY
Through the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA’s) Public Assistance (PA) Technical Assistance Contract (PA TAC Contract), DRM provides technical and program management services to FEMA in preparation for, response to, and recovery from Presidentially declared emergencies and disasters.
DRM is currently providing NISTAC FEMA Disaster Recovery program services on multiple projects throughout the USA, including Rockaway Beach NY, Galveston TX, Beaumont TX, Key West FL, Baton Rouge LA, San Juan Puerto Rico.
DRM provides on-site support during disaster response and recovery.
- Monitoring debris removal and disposal operations
- Assessing emergency response type work and associated costs
- Inspecting infrastructure damages, assessing reasonable methods of repair, developing associated cost estimates
- Preparing Project Worksheets
- Identifying cost-effective hazard mitigation measures to prevent similar damages from future events
- Assessing compliance with environmental and historic preservation regulations
- Managing data and IT initiatives (reporting, project controls and scheduling, Web site development, GIS)
- Developing and providing training and publications
DRM performed FEMA electrical construction inspection services on projects located in Rockaway Beach, New York which deals with the New York City commercial buildings and public schools damaged by Hurricane Sandy. DRM along with State, DOE and SCA representatives inspect the commercial/school facilities as scheduled by PAC Coordinator. We inspect and verify the damages and the amount of restoration work (Electrical, architectural, civil etc.) required. All findings are reported in the Project Worksheet document prepared by DRM. The condition assessments determine eligibility for assistance the facility can receive according to FEMA guidelines. That will ultimately determine FEMA’s financial assistance to the facility.
- Presently working on PW 361 Pumping Stations (Electrical Power Mitigation) for the Department of Environmental Protection Waste Water Treatment Facility.
- Working with the Project Specialist to determine damages to the Electrical Equipment at the Department of Sanitation New York and New York Police Department sites.
- Provided scope of work (SOW) to replace damage electrical equipment due to Hurricane Sandy at DSNY, DEP, EDC and NYPD sites.
- Assist in preparing cost Estimates using Rs Means for DSNY Pier 99/59thStreet, Pier 36/Montgomery Street, M01 297 West Street, Bronx-12 and NYPD 100 Precinct.